Saturday, October 6, 2007

Yahoo! Avatars Part 2

I had never heard of Yahoo! Avatars before this assignment and I think they are pretty cool. I like all the options you can do with them like different faces, hair, clothes, backgrounds, and extra things to make it your own. I sat there for like an hour just playing around with different options. I first made one that was just an everyday me, but that was boring so I got fun with it! My avatar turned out in a brown dress, the background was a red carpet and a limo, and I had two penguins hanging out with me! haha! I think that Yahoo did a good job with these but if they are trying to appeal more to a younger adult crowd then they defintely need to come up with some more clothes that are fashionable because in that area they really didnt have anything that's why I ended up choosing something crazy. Also i think we should be able to pick out the shoes because I notice that when I choose an outfit I didnt like the shoes that went with it but couldnt change it. Another thing I thought should be different was with putting on the hats you had to have the short brown hair and i wanted to have a hat with the hair i chose. Oh well! Just a few suggestions, but other than that I think they are fun little things!

By: Katie Sasser

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good suggestions! I agree with the shoe suggestion as well!

What target market do you think the avatar is set for? Do you think it would be a successful application on sites such as Myspace or Facebook?